Stonepark Home and School Minutes
Thursday January 21st
Norman Beck Maureen Kerr Sherri Hogan Tracy Ellsworth
Margaret Morse Carolyn Courtney Tracey Willoughby
Welcome and Opening Remarks: Margaret Welcomed all to the meeting
Approval of Agenda: Tracey
Review and Approval of old minutes: Tracey
Treasurers Report: Balance was given with nothing new to report. Maureen
Principals Report – Jan 21st, 20161. Good news stories –
1. Our Stonepark’s Got Talent Show before Christmas – best show ever!.
2. Support for families at Christmas time / Can Tree / Camden and Tyler
3. New sorting pavilions arrived and posters made w IWMC. Video to follow.
2. Academic –
– Staffing updates:
• -Staffing change in EA’s – Brian Trainor returns from leave.
• Sue Geddes on leave until Feb 1st. Sharrise Gairns remains there till then.
• Danielle Arsenault moved in to Patricia Oulton’s position while she is on leave. Nicole Butler replacing Danielle.
• Krista Connolly going on leave Feb 2nd. Kristy Dewey will be her replacement.
– Grade 9 exams – new format this year – one per day – students seemed to find that more manageable. Good experience for students to go through.
– Grade 9 FI trip upcoming Jan 25 – 29.
– School Writing Assessment – results shared with students. Data analysis of school-wide results will be shared with staff on Feb 2nd. Continue our focus of organization.
– Hosted Honors Band Sectionals once again.
– Work continuing on Progress Monitoring with instructional coaches.
3. Non-academic –
– Christmas Concert a success once again.
– Grade 9 pictures completed. Thanks to parent volunteers. Re-takes re-scheduled to Feb 5th.
– Nogler Tournament upcoming the weekend of Feb 4th – 5th. No female division this year.
– SGB – 4 causes / school wide vote to come.
4. Upcoming dates to remember:
Jan 29 – 31 Honors Band Weekend. Final concert Sunday pm.
Feb 2nd – In-school PD Day (no classes)
Feb 4th – National Sweater Day – Green Team initiative.
Feb 4th – Stonepark Art After Dark – keep an eye out for future sales.
Feb 9th – Late French Immersion Parent Information Meeting. 7:00 pm in the library
Feb 10th – In-school Science Fair in the Games Room. (Storm Date the 11th). Open to students in all grade levels. Mme Reid overseeing this at the school level.
Feb 12th – Grade 6 Band Orientation session 10:45 – 11:45 in the school cafeteria.
Feb 16th – Islander Day (no classes).
Feb 24th – National Pink Shirt Day. Tiger Acrostic poems with anti-bullying messages being made by HR classes. Will be selling pink T-shirts – proceeds go to SGB.
Mar 8th – 2nd report cards issued.
Mar 10 – 11th- Parent – Teacher Conferences Thurs 5-8 and Friday 8:30 – 12:00 – open format
Dates tbd – Band Testing for Grade 6’s and PEI Band Days at Confed Centre.
1. Preference for PTC?
2. Wireless / Active Directory update
3. Parent Advisory Council and Principals Council.
Update on Wireless Technology: Stonepark should have wireless internet by September 2016
Grants/Resolutions/PEIHSF AGM: Grant/Resolution applications are due January 31st. The PEI Home and School Federation Annual General Meeting will be held on April 9th all are welcome to attend.
Parent – Teacher Interviews: It was discussed if we should we have a sign up for Volunteers for the grade 9 closing? And if we should have more information booths set up in the lobby at this time. Action Items: Margaret to call HEA, and Maureen to organize a technology table.
Parking lot update: We are working on a letter and scheduling a meeting with the city about putting in a sidewalk.
Teacher Appreciation: Meeting immediately following this meeting.
JOHS Committee Member: Looking for a new member
Suggestion Box: Suggestion box was checked. Action Item: notice put on suggestion box stating that it is checked at every home and school meeting.
Round Table: Maureen Kerr spoke on IT updates in schools and is looking to bring an after school IT program with emphasis on coding to Stonepark. Recycle program was discussed.
Next Meeting: March 3rd at 6:30 in our Library. Hope to see you there!