Minutes from May 26 meeting.
In Attendance: Margaret Morse, Carolyn Courtney, Tracey Willoughby and Norman Beck
- Welcome and opening remarks: Margaret welcomed the three of us to the meeting.
- Approval of Agenda: Approved Carolyn,Tracey
- Review and approval of old minutes: Approved Carolyn, Tracey
- Treasurer’s Report: Approved Tracey, Margaret
- New Business: Parking lot/ Sidewalk update – A few issues in the parking lot but overall things are working well. Parking lot is cleared by 3:08 at the latest. Bus drivers are having a hard time getting into and out of the parking lot some days due to cars parking on both sides of Pope Drive just outside of the parking lot.- maybe some no parking signs would help clear up this problem area. Also maybe a review of the traffic flow youtube video.
- Grade 9 closing: Separate planning meeting. Decorate and set up tables Monday, June 27th 6:00-8:00
- Principal’s Report:
1. Good news stories -1. Destination Imagination in Tennessee – amazing experience!
2. What’s In Style?
2. Academic Instructional / Curriculum –
– Glee Club performed in Music Monday at Sherwood, and our Honors Band students in Summerside.
– Grade 7 Band students in S’side at Band Days.
– Grade 9 Band trip to ABF – another excellent performance.
– Provincial Heritage Fair for Grade 7 English students – 5 students won 7 prizes.
– Transition / MAPS meetings ongoing.
– Grade 10 registration and information sessions held.
– Second school-wide writing assessment.
– JA Economics for Success for Grade 8’s was held once again.
– Grade 7 Orientation was held.
– Grade 7 Parent Information session held.
– Norman attended CAP Conference (Canadian Association of Principals) in St. John.
– Staffing for next year Projected – +69 students. Just received our numbers today, but we will have at least this breakdown:
7’s – 2 CFI (28-29) 4 LFI (28-29), 6 Eng (25-26)
8’s – 2 CFI (28-29), 4 LFI (27-28), 6 Eng (27-28) (maybe 7 HR classes)
9’s – 2 CFI (22-23) 3 LFI (22-23), 5 Eng (29-30) (maybe 6 HR classes)
3. Non-academic –
– SGB – Will most likely meet our goal of $8,000 – big day for Grade 8’s.
– Easter Seals Ambassador Tour. Donation made on students’ behalf.
5. Upcoming dates to remember:
June 1st – Spring Concert – 7:00.
June 2nd – 9:00 – Recognition Assembly
June 3rd – Last day to borrow books.
June 11th – All books returned to the library.
June 17th – Library closed for the year.
June 20th – Grade 9 IMA (only exam)
June 24th – Grade 9 year end activity here at the school.
June 27th – Grade 7 and 8 trip to Sandspit. Pilot for this year going a day early.
June 28th – Last instructional day. Grade 9 closing at 11:00 followed by luncheon in the cafeteria.
- Round table:Foyer events – Do we need them? Cell phones on during class time – On going problem- what is the solution?
- Suggestion box: Nothing in the box.
- Meeting adjourned 8:00